Hard Drive Recovery?
MatthewSolutions and Ontrack® Data Recovery services offer world-leading solutions for all types of hard drive recovery:
- Any interface: (IDE, EIDE), Serial ATA (SATA), SCSI, SAS, and Fibre Channel
- Any combination of drives: single hard drive or multiple RAID drives
- Any brand
Thousands of IT professionals and technology users trust Ontrack Data Recovery services with seemingly unrecoverable data.
Lost data can be recovered in no time whether the hard drive has crashed, has been damaged or has been the victim of a natural disaster.
Why Do Hard Drives Lose Data?
Ontrack Data Recovery engineers classify hard drive data loss in two categories:
- Logical failure - the hard drive is in working order but some files or data cannot be accessed for logical reasons such as a lost partition or accidental reformatting.
- Mechanical failure - the hard drive is not functioning. The most common causes are head crashes and motor failures.
What Causes Hard Drive Failure?
The list of incidents causing hard drives to fail and lose data is not limited, but some of the main causes that Ontrack Data Recovery services recover from everyday include power surges, overwriting, physical damages, natural disasters, and viruses.
How Ontrack Data Recovery Services Helps to Recover From Hard Drive Data Loss
Data recovery involves more than just replacing parts. Ontrack Data Recovery services use cutting-edge hard drive recovery tools and processes that come from heavy investment in R&D and 20 years experience. A sample of the expert techniques used include:
- In case of mechanical failure, hard disk recoveries are performed in dust-free cleanroom environments where they are carefully dismounted, examined and processed.
- Hard drives are imaged. A copy of the disk is made and transferred to a new system.
- Ontrack Data Recovery tools can “force” the drive to read around the bad area.
NOTICE: Trying this on your own or through an inexperienced provider may lead to further damage to the drive.